Tortellini Marinara Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated marinara sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced Italian tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 3. Drain tortellini; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tortellini Marinara
"My husband loved this dish...it's a quick, easy dinner! I used garlic marinara sauce instead of plain. Will make again!"
"This was so easy and so good and everyone loved it. I like the idea of doubling the recipe. I'm not a mushroom lover so didn't add them but will next time for the family :-) It was a great recipe!"
"This was very easy and good! I doubled the recipe and used jarred marinara. I usually just make my tortellini with marinara or alfredo sauce, so the extras really added to the dish! Even my 3.5 year old liked it. I will definitely make this again!"
"this was so easy yet very good! I used Italian cheese (since I had it on hand) and added some Italian seasoning and garlic. I could not find refrigerated marinara sauce, so used regular marinara sauce and it was excellent. Will definitely make this again!!"
"I left out the mushrooms and this was great!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.