"My family loves this with a loaf of crusty French bread and green beans," relates Rita Perez of Roseville, California. She sometimes warms the savory supper in the slow cooker, but you'll find that it comes together very quickly on the stovetop.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated marinara sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced Italian tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Drain tortellini; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tortellini Marinara in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p12
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tortellini Marinara
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review