- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Pour off drippings.
- In same pan, combine cream, cheese, parsley and bacon; heat through over medium heat. Stir in tortellini. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tortellini Carbonara
"This was pretty good. I used chopped ham in place of bacon, added onion, garlic and fresh sauteed mushrooms. I used a substitution for the heavy cream to cut back on the calories and fat. All in all, it was quite good and easy to prepare."
"I made this dish for an afternoon luncheon with my friends. They raved and thought I had worked on it for hours. It was sooooo easy (and delicious!)"
"I'm giving this recipe 5 stars just because it is soooo easy! I am super picky when it comes to good italian food, but the taste is just delicious. I didn't have fresh parsley so I used dried Italian herbs. I also added some garlic, extra cheese and peas. Next time I want to add mushrooms too."
"Added fresh sauted mushrooms and garlic"
"Love this! Will definitely double for lunch leftovers next time. Made exactly as recipe stated. Nothing to improve on."
"I used ckn tortellini, sauteed onions, mushrooms, and garlic, and used turkey bacon and added Italian seasoning and my hub ate almost the whole pot. Very good base for a great recipe."
"This was absolutely awesome! Our family of three had a very small amount of leftovers when we served a single batch with a Caesar salad."
"I added sauteed onion and garlic to this. love this dish!"