Creamy Tortellini Carbonara sent in by Cathy Croyle calls for only five ingredients and comes together in mere moments. The Davidsville, Pennsylvania cook simmers a rich bacon and Parmesan cheese sauce in one pan while boiling packaged tortellini to perfection in another. Then she combines the two to create a memorable main dish. "Add more cheese or additional parsley to the sauce to fit your family's taste," Cathy recommends.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the bacon, cream, parsley and cheese; cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Drain tortellini; toss with cream sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tortellini Carbonara in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p14
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tortellini Carbonara
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review