- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons
- Halved cherry tomatoes, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and garlic.
- Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add romaine and remaining Parmesan. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with croutons and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Tortellini Caesar Salad
"Great "meatless" dinner option. I added sliced black olives and peppercinis and served with garlic breadsticks."
"Have made this salad MANY times! I have finessed the dressing a bit by adding anchovy paste...I also grate the garlic, so there are no "pieces". I always make it a complete meal , usually adding shrimp, turkey or chichen, and of course, some homemade croutons and tomatoes."
"Yum! Made this for dinner tonight, and it was easy and delicious! Great to take to a picnic!"
"Great recipe..the dressing is delish!"
"Wow wow wow! If you love Caesar salad try this one the dressing is awesome and easy to prepare 5 stars"
"While I enjoyed the salad, I didn't expect the dressing to taste so 'mayonnaise-y' (I used Hellman's). I also added some minced shallot, about equal to the amount of garlic used, and it really added to the flavor of the dressing quite nicely. I will definitely make this again, perhaps with a different brand of mayo."
"This recipe needs more than 5 stars! The dressing alone is amazing, and I will be making it, even without the salad, for other salads Absolutely LOVE this! Husband had 2 servings of salad, and he's not a big salad person!"
"This was great! Added some kalamata olives, pimientos, and artichokes to make in impressive main dish. Wow."