Tortellini Broccoli Bake Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini, cooked and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, broccoli, pimientos and onion; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Gradually stir in milk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese until melted. Fold in broccoli mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly, stirring twice. Top with remaining Parmesan. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 307 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Tortellini Broccoli Bake
"Tastes really good. But next time, I'll double the sauce."
"This was really good. I made it exactly as the recipe said, except that I used fresh broccoli that I cooked along with the tortellini. Oh, and I left out the onion because I didn't feeling like chopping 2 tablespoons. Next time I think I will add some cooked chicken or ham."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.