Tortellini Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned white kidney beans or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 24 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain and place in a serving bowl. Add broccoli, onion, beans and olives. Combine the salad dressing, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and oregano; pour over salad and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 218 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.