Beans will bring bravos when you present this pleasant pasta and veggie salad. "I first made it for friends who are very good cooks. When it was gone, they asked where the second bowl was," chuckles Lenore Adams of Dayton, Ohio. "Among my make-ahead favorites, it's a big hit every time I serve it."
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned white kidney beans or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 24 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain and place in a serving bowl. Add broccoli, onion, beans and olives. Combine the salad dressing, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and oregano; pour over salad and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Tortellini Bean Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p58
Reviews for Tortellini Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review