Tortellini Bake Recipe
At this time of year, I like to look ahead to gardening season. Summer in New Hampshire brings plenty of fresh zucchini and squash...one year I had so much that I was searching for different ways to prepare it, and that's when I came up with this recipe. Serve it as a side dish or on its own as a light meal.
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 onions, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet; cook zucchini, squash, onion, red pepper and seasonings until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Drain tortellini and rinse in hot water; combine with vegetable mixture, mozzarella and cream in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 219 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC