Tortellini Bake Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet; cook zucchini, squash, onion, red pepper and seasonings until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Drain tortellini and rinse in hot water; combine with vegetable mixture, mozzarella and cream in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 219 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Tortellini Bake
"I have been making this recipe for quite a while now and love the flavor every time. I follow the recipe line by line with the exception of substituting 1 Tbsp. fresh basil in place of the dry basil. Yummy!"
"I made this recipe using 2 yellow squash, a green pepper, and red onion. I also used a pre-made Alfredo sauce. The family loved it as did I. I am trying to increase the amount of veggies we eat, and this recipe is great for that!"
"I used a can of alfredo sauce that I had on hand for this instead of the cheese and cream mixture. It was still delicious!"