- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet; cook zucchini, squash, onion, red pepper and seasonings until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain tortellini and rinse in hot water; combine with vegetable mixture, mozzarella and cream in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Tortellini Bake
"I have been making this recipe for quite a while now and love the flavor every time. I follow the recipe line by line with the exception of substituting 1 Tbsp. fresh basil in place of the dry basil. Yummy!"
"I made this recipe using 2 yellow squash, a green pepper, and red onion. I also used a pre-made Alfredo sauce. The family loved it as did I. I am trying to increase the amount of veggies we eat, and this recipe is great for that!"
"I used a can of alfredo sauce that I had on hand for this instead of the cheese and cream mixture. It was still delicious!"