- 18 refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 6 thin slices (4 ounces) reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 6 thin slices (2 ounces) Genoa salami
- 18 large pimiento-stuffed olives
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the tortellini and salad dressing. Seal bag and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Place a slice of cheese on each slice of salami; roll up tightly. Cut into thirds. Drain tortellini and discard dressing. For each appetizer, thread a tortellini, salami roll-up and olive on a toothpick. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Tortellini Appetizers
"For something completely different and a lot of comments - make this - good job"
"These were very delicious. I marinated the tortellini most of the day and the flavor was awesome!"
"Excellent! I bring these to every picnic or potluck I go to and always get rave reviews!"
"Cute, but very hard to roll up the cheese without it folding and breaking. I ended up rolling it inside the salami; that worked better - the salami holds it together. And the tortellini didn't pick up much flavor from the dressing, and I had it marinating for 24 hours! All in all, cute but too much trouble. Cut up the salami and cheese and toss all the ingredients w/dressing and make a tortellini salad!"
"I have made something very similar to this several times. To add an extra kick, use green olives stuffed with jalapenos. You can mix up the variety of olives and use blue cheese or almond stuffed ones as well."