These cute kabobs from Pat Schmidt of Sterling Heights, Michigan will lend a little Italian flavor to any get-together. Cheese tortellini is marinated in salad dressing, then skewered into toothpicks along with stuffed olives, salami and cheese.
9 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + marinating
- 18 refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 6 thin slices (4 ounces) reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 6 thin slices (2 ounces) Genoa salami
- 18 large pimiento-stuffed olives
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the tortellini and
- salad dressing. Seal bag and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Place a slice of cheese on each slice of salami; roll up tightly. Cut
- into thirds. Drain tortellini and discard dressing. For each
- appetizer, thread a tortellini, salami roll-up and olive on a
- toothpick. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 appetizers) equals 92 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat.