Tortellini Appetizers Recipe
- 18 refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 6 thin slices (4 ounces) reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 6 thin slices (2 ounces) Genoa salami
- 18 large pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the tortellini and salad dressing. Seal bag and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- 2. Place a slice of cheese on each slice of salami; roll up tightly. Cut into thirds. Drain tortellini and discard dressing. For each appetizer, thread a tortellini, salami roll-up and olive on a toothpick. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
One serving (2 appetizers) equals 92 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fat.