Tortellini Appetizer Recipe
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 26 frilled toothpicks
- 1. Place garlic cloves on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Toss with remaining oil; set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheese, milk, pesto and pepper. Mash garlic into pesto mixture; stir until combined.
- 4. Alternately thread tortellini and tomatoes onto toothpicks. Serve with pesto dip. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen (1-1/2 cups dip).
2 each: 246 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Tortellini Appetizer
"Every time I make this, people rave about the dip. It's the perfect simple recipe for any occasion, especially "all appetizer parties" because it provides a little more substance than a lot of other apps. Highly recommend. If I can do it, you can do it!"
"I couldn't find long toothpicks, so I used bamboo skewers and added a tiny fresh mozzarella ball, an olive, and a marinated artichoke heart quarter. I used a tortellini at the top and bottom of the skewer. I placed the tall skewers in a vase, and it looked like a floral arrangement. The dip is fabulous. I made too much, so I put the leftovers in a bowl, added a dollop of the dressing and tossed, for a great pasta salad."
"This was a hit at a recent party. I like it with a little extra pesto."
"So yummy, yet light. I've made and taken to several gatherings and it's gone quickly every time! The dipping sauce is the best part. :)"
"So unique and fun. Delicious!"
"The dip is sensational. I made it for two Christmas parties and several guests have asked for the recipe. I made an alteration to the skewer: I added small squares of Asiago cheese in between the tortellini and grape tomato to make the flavor a little more intense. This is an easy recipe that will impress your guests!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.