Tortellini Appetizer Recipe
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 26 frilled toothpicks
- 1. Place garlic cloves on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Toss with remaining oil; set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheese, milk, pesto and pepper. Mash garlic into pesto mixture; stir until combined.
- 4. Alternately thread tortellini and tomatoes onto toothpicks. Serve with pesto dip. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen (1-1/2 cups dip).
1 serving (2 each) equals 246 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.