Tortellini Appetizer Recipe
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 26 frilled toothpicks
- Place garlic cloves on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Toss with remaining oil; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheese, milk, pesto and pepper. Mash garlic into pesto mixture; stir until combined.
- Alternately thread tortellini and tomatoes onto toothpicks. Serve with pesto dip. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen (1-1/2 cups dip).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tortellini Appetizer
Sort By :
I couldn't find long toothpicks, so I used bamboo skewers and added a tiny fresh mozzarella ball, an olive, and a marinated artichoke heart quarter. I used a tortellini at the top and bottom of the skewer. I placed the tall skewers in a vase, and it looked like a floral arrangement. The dip is fabulous. I made too much, so I put the leftovers in a bowl, added a dollop of the dressing and tossed, for a great pasta salad.
This was a hit at a recent party. I like it with a little extra pesto.
So yummy, yet light. I've made and taken to several gatherings and it's gone quickly every time! The dipping sauce is the best part. :)
So unique and fun. Delicious!
The dip is sensational. I made it for two Christmas parties and several guests have asked for the recipe. I made an alteration to the skewer: I added small squares of Asiago cheese in between the tortellini and grape tomato to make the flavor a little more intense. This is an easy recipe that will impress your guests!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Italian Appetizers >