- 1 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville® Three Cheese Italian Style Smoked Sausage, 1 link, thinly sliced (the second sealed sausage can be refrigerated for later)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 package (8 ounces) Baby Bella or white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine, (Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay)
- 1 jar Classico Alfredo Sauce or Classico Alfredo Lite
- 1 cup freshly grated fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 packages cheese tortellini (or other variety)
- 1/4 cup chopped italian parsley
- Boil water in a large pot to boil the tortellini according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add onion. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened. Add sliced mushrooms, crushed red pepper and cayenne pepper and continue cooking for 5 minutes, add the sausage and sauté mixing all together allowing the ingredients to caramelize and brown on the edges, about 5 more minutes.
- Add wine, bring to a low simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring and gently scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Pour in the Alfredo sauce, stir together.
- As it starts to bubble add the cheeses, stir to blend until melted. Add the hot cooked tortellini and fold over gently to coat the pasta. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately. Yield: Serves 4-6.
Originally published as Tortellini and Sausage in Gorgonzola Cream Sauce in Johnsonville® Sausage
Reviews for Tortellini and Sausage in Gorgonzola Cream Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review