A couple of convenience items form the base of this quick meal. It's sure to become a staple when you need a great last-minute weeknight supper. Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pepper strips in butter until crisp-tender. Add ham and garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Combine the cornstarch, broth, basil, parsley and pepper; stir into pepper mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add 2 tablespoons cheese. Drain tortellini; toss with ham mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tortellini and Ham in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p13
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tortellini and Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review