- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pepper strips in butter until crisp-tender. Add ham and garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Combine the cornstarch, broth, basil, parsley and pepper; stir into pepper mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add 2 tablespoons cheese. Drain tortellini; toss with ham mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tortellini and Ham
"We like it better with shredded chicken and fresh red/yellow/orange peppers. It's a hit either way and great for potlucks!"
"I doubled the recipe for our large family. It was good! Super easy to make and the whole family loved it. I used colorful fresh bell peppers and the only seasoning I used was Italian seasoning, pepper, and a sprinkle of kosher salt at the end. Will make again!"
"This is a keeper! my husband doesn't like tortellini and he went back for seconds!"
"This was really good! I hate to revamp a recipe and rate it but I stayed really close to this. I ran out of parm and parsley. I omitted the parsley and basil and added one tsp of Italian seasoning. I used fresh Romano cheese in place of parm. The flavor was amazing and lighter without a traditional cream sauce :)"
"i just got thru makn this and i made it basicly according to the recipe. i did change the broth to 1 cup and cornstarch to 1 T. Also the package of 3 cheese tortellini was 20 ounces. i did 1 cup of green, red, yellow and orange bell pepper so it was very colorful ;) i used leftover ham from Thanksgiving so it wasnt just canned ham :D i also sauted the garlic with the peppers instead of waiting to add it a little later. its delicious but i will wait and see what my 2 boys will think when they get off the bus lol"
"Great way to use up leftover ham!"
"This was exceptionally good. All the basil makes it taste just like a pesto sauce. Could hardly wait to eat it again for lunch. YUM!"
"Easy, tasted great, and my picky kids ate it!"
"Wonderful and a great way to use leftover/planed over ham."