Tortellini and Ham Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pepper strips in butter until crisp-tender. Add ham and garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch, broth, basil, parsley and pepper; stir into pepper mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Add 2 tablespoons cheese. Drain tortellini; toss with ham mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 453 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1168mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Tortellini and Ham
"I doubled the recipe for our large family. It was good! Super easy to make and the whole family loved it. I used colorful fresh bell peppers and the only seasoning I used was Italian seasoning, pepper, and a sprinkle of kosher salt at the end. Will make again!"
"This is a keeper! my husband doesn't like tortellini and he went back for seconds!"
"This was really good! I hate to revamp a recipe and rate it but I stayed really close to this. I ran out of parm and parsley. I omitted the parsley and basil and added one tsp of Italian seasoning. I used fresh Romano cheese in place of parm. The flavor was amazing and lighter without a traditional cream sauce :)"
"i just got thru makn this and i made it basicly according to the recipe. i did change the broth to 1 cup and cornstarch to 1 T. Also the package of 3 cheese tortellini was 20 ounces. i did 1 cup of green, red, yellow and orange bell pepper so it was very colorful ;) i used leftover ham from Thanksgiving so it wasnt just canned ham :D i also sauted the garlic with the peppers instead of waiting to add it a little later. its delicious but i will wait and see what my 2 boys will think when they get off the bus lol"
"Great way to use up leftover ham!"
"This was exceptionally good. All the basil makes it taste just like a pesto sauce. Could hardly wait to eat it again for lunch. YUM!"
"Easy, tasted great, and my picky kids ate it!"
"Wonderful and a great way to use leftover/planed over ham."
"This was excellent, I made it at work, No leftovers and even my finnicky eaters loved it!! This is a keeper!"
"This is by far one of the BEST recipes I have ever made and we have ever tasted. I simply can not wait to make it again!!!!"
"Quick, easy, and very tasty. Putting this in my recipe box to make again for sure!"
"This dish was extremely quick to make, and had great flavor."
"Quick and easy to prepare Very good flavor! Will definitely make again!"
"Delicious!!! I used 2cups of ham & added more chicken broth."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.