Tortellini and Ham
A couple of convenience items form the base of this quick meal. It's sure to become a staple when you need a great last-minute weeknight supper. Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute pepper strips in butter until crisp-tender. Add
- ham and garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Combine the cornstarch, broth, basil, parsley and pepper; stir into
- pepper mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened.
- Add 2 tablespoons cheese. Drain tortellini; toss with ham mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 453 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,168 mg sodium,