Tortellini Alfredo Recipe
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the peas, mushrooms and ham; cook until mushrooms are tender. Stir in cream and pepper; heat through. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until melted.
- 2. Drain tortellini and place in a serving dish; add the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 579 calories, 45 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 161 mg cholesterol, 812 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.