Refrigerated tortellini, ham, mushrooms and peas are treated to a mild homemade Alfredo sauce in this fast fix Chris Snyder shares. "When we're having company, I prepare this dinner shortly before guests arrive, put it in a casserole dish and keep it warm in the oven," notes the Boulder, Colorado reader.
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the peas, mushrooms and ham; cook until mushrooms are tender. Stir in cream and pepper; heat through. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Drain tortellini and place in a serving dish; add the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Tortellini Alfredo in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p52
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tortellini Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review