These fresh skewers and tasty sauce will have guests nibbling all night! —Cacie Biddle, Bridgeport, West Virginia
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 32 frilled toothpicks
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, basil, tomatoes, milk, mayonnaise, garlic, hot sauce, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. Chill until serving.
- Drain tortellini and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Thread tortellini and shrimp onto toothpicks. Serve with sauce. Yield: 32 appetizers (2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Tortellini & Shrimp Skewers with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p50
Reviews for Tortellini & Shrimp Skewers with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review