Tortellini & Shrimp Skewers with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 32 frilled toothpicks
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, basil, tomatoes, milk, mayonnaise, garlic, hot sauce, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. Chill until serving.
- 3. Drain tortellini and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Thread tortellini and shrimp onto toothpicks. Serve with sauce. Yield: 32 appetizers (2 cups sauce).
1 appetizer with 1 tablespoon sauce: 88 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Tortellini & Shrimp Skewers with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
"wow, incredible and delicious. Perfect idea for appetizers that are not the usual."