These fresh skewers and tasty sauce will have guests nibbling all night! —Cacie Biddle, Bridgeport, West Virginia
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 32 frilled toothpicks
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, basil, tomatoes, milk, mayonnaise, garlic, hot sauce, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. Chill until serving.
- Drain tortellini and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Thread tortellini and shrimp onto toothpicks. Serve with sauce. Yield: 32 appetizers (2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Tortellini & Shrimp Skewers with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p50
Reviews for Tortellini & Shrimp Skewers with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 26, 2012
"wow, incredible and delicious. Perfect idea for appetizers that are not the usual."