- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine chicken, onion, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine salad mix, tomatoes, olives, tortellini and chicken mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tortellini & Chicken Caesar Salad
"Delicious lunch salad! I added corn, peas, avocado, and carrot; and used Quorn meatless diced chicken instead of the chicken. Thank you, Lee, for sharing this recipe."
"What are the nutritional facts?"
"FANTASTIC! A Salad everyone loves..."
"We love this salad as a one-dish meal. To add flavor, marinate the cooked tortellini in the Caesar salad dressing for an hour or so, then continue with Step 2 and 3. I give this 5 stars."
"The salad was good, but it didn't blow me away. I made it exactly by the recipe. I think the dressing wasn't one that I cared for a whole lot....maybe another dressing would make me like it better. The dressing was what the entire salad tasted like - I couldn't taste the chicken. A great idea as far as all the ingredients in it- I think I could make it taste like 5 stars with some tweaking."