- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine chicken, onion, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine salad mix, tomatoes, olives, tortellini and chicken mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tortellini & Chicken Caesar Salad
Sort By :
"We loved this salad. Next time I may add a bit more lettuce and cut the chicken into smaller pieces."
"I made this for dinner tonight and it was great!"
"Prepared even without the chicken and the salad was wonderful! Everyone at the picnic enjoyed it. I like that it was a different dish besides regular pasta or lettuce salads."
"I omitted the olives but otherwise it was FANTASTIC! Even my 8 year old loved it!"