“I got this recipe from a friend a few years ago. It’s perfect for relaxed get-togethers. It’s even better if you make it the night before and let the flavors steep. But be careful—it goes down easy.”—Tracy Field, Bremerton, Washington
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) merlot
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 to 1 cup brandy
- 3 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- 1 medium peach, sliced
- Ice cubes
- In a pitcher, stir the wine, sugar, orange liqueur and brandy until
- sugar is dissolved. Stir in soda and fruit. Serve over ice. Yield:
- 10 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 292 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.