Topsy-Turvy Sangria Recipe
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) merlot
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 to 1 cup brandy
- 3 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- 1 medium peach, sliced
- Ice cubes
- In a pitcher, stir the wine, sugar, orange liqueur and brandy until sugar is dissolved. Stir in soda and fruit. Serve over ice. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Topsy-Turvy Sangria(9)
Sort By :
Made this for a BBQ last night and everyone loved it. I used the cheap Walmart merlot and cut the sugar in half since other reviewers had recommended that. Perfect!
Very good sangria. I added red grapes and cherries instead of peaches and strawberries. Best made the night before. Add the citrus fruit the next morning.
I have made sangria many times but all my friends said this was the best recipe ever!
Tasted nice, I halved the sugar. It really packed a punch.
I make this for my Cinco de Mayo party and it was very good. I cut the amount of sugar in half and still found it very sweet. Next time, I may leave it out entirely. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Beverages >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cold Beverages >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Peach Recipes >