Topsy-Turvy Pie Recipe
I've enjoyed this since I was a little girl, when my mother used to make it. It's both filling and flavorful.—Kara Kimberline, Galion, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, olives, chili powder and salt. Pour into a 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the baking mix, milk and butter just until combined.
- 3. Turn onto a floured surface and knead 8-10 times. Roll into a 10-in. circle. Place over meat mixture; crimp edges to seal. Cut small slits in pastry.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 281 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 906mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein
Reviews for Topsy-Turvy Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC