- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, olives, chili powder and salt. Pour into a 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the baking mix, milk and butter just until combined.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead 8-10 times. Roll into a 10-in. circle. Place over meat mixture; crimp edges to seal. Cut small slits in pastry.
- Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Topsy-Turvy Pie in Country Ground Beef 1993, p66
Reviews for Topsy-Turvy Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review