- from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until liquid is reduced to
- 2/3 cup. Stir in tomatoes and salt; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat and vegetables are
- tender. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Discard spice
- bag. Skim fat from vegetable mixture. Serve beef with vegetable
- mixture and, if desired, noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked meat with 2/3 cup vegetable mixture (calculated without noodles) equals 251 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.