Top Rated Hungarian Goulash
"With tender beef and a rich flavorful sauce, this entree is an old favorite with my family," says field editor Joan Rose of Langley, British Columbia.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, brown beef, pork and onions in oil over medium
- heat; drain. Add the water, paprika, salt and marjoram; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is
- Just before serving, combine flour and sour cream until smooth; stir
- into meat mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir
- for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve over noodles.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup goulash (calculated without noodles) equals 273 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium,