Top Rated Hungarian Goulash Recipe
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef, pork and onions in oil over medium heat; drain. Add the water, paprika, salt and marjoram; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Just before serving, combine flour and sour cream until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup goulash (calculated without noodles) equals 273 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer