Top-Dog Hot Dogs Recipe
This is one of the first recipes I let our sons prepare completely by themselves. They love the pizza-like flavor these hot dogs get from chili sauce and cheese.—Kathy Burggraaf, Plainfield Township, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, sliced
- 1 jar (10 ounces) hot dog relish or chili sauce
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped and seeded
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook hot dogs according to package directions. Place in buns; top with relish or chili sauce, green pepper, onion and tomato. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 324 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 991 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC