Tootsie Roll Fudge
When my husband came home with 50 pounds of Tootsie Rolls he bought at a discount store, I had to figure out a way to use them-so I came up with this recipe! A red or green M&M's candy atop each piece makes them extra jolly.
81 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups Tootsie Roll Midgees
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup green and red M&M's
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 teaspoon
- butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt the Tootsie Rolls,
- peanut butter and remaining butter over low heat, stirring
- constantly. Gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar, milk and
- vanilla (mixture will be very thick). Fold in pecans.
- Spread into prepared pan. Using a sharp knife, score the surface into
- 1-in. squares. Press a M&M's candy into the center of each square.
- Cool. Using foil, remove fudge from pan; cut into squares. Store in
- an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.