Tootsie Roll Fudge Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups Tootsie Roll Midgees
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup green and red M&M's
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt the Tootsie Rolls, peanut butter and remaining butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla (mixture will be very thick). Fold in pecans.
- 2. Spread into prepared pan. Using a sharp knife, score the surface into 1-in. squares. Press a M&M's candy into the center of each square. Cool. Using foil, remove fudge from pan; cut into squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews for Tootsie Roll Fudge
"I made this recipe with the full amount of powdered sugar suggested by the author and ended up with the driest fudge I've ever eaten and an extremely sore arm. It still tasted delicious, but was terribly grainy. I tried the recipe a second time, using only 3 cups of powdered sugar and it had a much better texture and the flavor was just as delicious. The fudge was also significantly more manageable to stir while cooking. I'd also recommend toasting your pecans before adding them to the fudge for a richer, sweeter nut flavor. Overall, a decent recipe, but there are many others out there that are easier on your arm and taste just as good, if not better."
"Great idea for using up Tootsie rolls that I always seem to have in the bottom of my candy jar after Halloween! Especially after they get all hard. I also want to try the vanilla version."
"Thats a lot of sugar"
"My daughter loves the vanilla Tootsie rolls so I made this with them and it was great. Very quick and easy. She loved it!"
"I made these again this year, they are yummy"
"These are so good. I have made these for the last three years to give as Christmas gifts and i always make an extra batch for myself."
"I made these last year, and will be making them again this year."
"I made this to take for the holidays this year, to two seperate households. Everyone raved about it, and I had to give out the recipie! It was super easy to make, and very tasty!"
"I just made this recipe tonight and my husband and I love it. It is very smooth and easy to make."
"My family loved this. I will be making it again soon!"
"I made this last year for Christmas and everyone loved it so much i made it throughout the year with different M&M's"
"I think something might be missing in this recipe....it just did not seem to turn out..."
"my niece just gave me some of this for Christmas and its yummy! I'm saving this recipe to make for my Awana volunteers next year. Again, YUMMY!"