Tootsie Roll Fudge Recipe
When my husband came home with 50 pounds of Tootsie Rolls he bought at a discount store, I had to figure out a way to use them-so I came up with this recipe! A red or green M&M's candy atop each piece makes them extra jolly.
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups Tootsie Roll Midgees
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup green and red M&M's
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt the Tootsie Rolls, peanut butter and remaining butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla (mixture will be very thick). Fold in pecans.
- 2. Spread into prepared pan. Using a sharp knife, score the surface into 1-in. squares. Press a M&M's candy into the center of each square. Cool. Using foil, remove fudge from pan; cut into squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC