Too-Easy Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and coarsely ground pepper, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in tortellini. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beans, tomatoes and basil. Simmer for 4-6 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in the vinegar. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 276 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Too-Easy Tortellini Soup
"Needed a quick and easy dinner and this fit the bill! Very tasty - added fresh basil at the end. Will definitely make again!"
"My favorite 'go-to-recipe' when in a hurry to get dinner to my mother....some soft garlic bread sticks and a fresh salad. This is always a hit, thank you for sharing!"
"So easy and so tasty. We have loved this soup for years."
"I made a lot of soup when I was pregnant with my twins in 2011. This was one of the recipes I tried and decided it was a keeper. I add whatever I have on hand though... So if it were summer, I would add zucchini. Change it up with the veggies! Or add some stewed chicken! Mmmmmm!"
"I've been making this for years and it has become a family favorite. I serve it with crusty bread. Very easy, quick and delicious!"
"I love this recipe and make it often. I use chick peas in place of the beans, just because I love them. Thanks for sharing!"
"been making this for quite a few years now, exact recipe. love it and family loves it"
"It's excellent even re-heated. For you Weight Watchers it's low points."
"It's easy, and it's quick and it tastes great. I top it parmesan that's been shredded on the large holes of a grater, to have it pack more of a punch. I serve it garlic bread or popovers, and a salad."
"I love this recipe and it's so quick and easy. I was surprised how well the flavors come together. I'm a big soup fan and this is now one of my favorites that the whole family enjoys."
"Quick, easy, good flavor, and filling! Serve with some garlic bread and a salad and you have dinner!"
"This certainly was an easy soup to make. I was hesitant that a soup with so few simple ingredients could taste so good. I substituted northern beans and used a regular can of diced tomatoes and added 1 heaping teaspoon of italian seasoning, and some onion & garlic powder to taste. I thought it tasted like something that would be served at the Olive Garden. I will definetely try this one out with guests. Just add garlic sticks and a salad for a complete meal!"
"This is so good and so easy!! We love it!!"