Too-Easy Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and coarsely ground pepper, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in tortellini. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beans, tomatoes and basil. Simmer for 4-6 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in the vinegar. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium broth; calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 276 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat.