- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and coarsely ground pepper, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in tortellini. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beans, tomatoes and basil. Simmer for 4-6 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in the vinegar. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Too-Easy Tortellini Soup
"Needed a quick and easy dinner and this fit the bill! Very tasty - added fresh basil at the end. Will definitely make again!"
"So easy and so tasty. We have loved this soup for years."
"I've been making this for years and it has become a family favorite. I serve it with crusty bread. Very easy, quick and delicious!"
"I love this recipe and make it often. I use chick peas in place of the beans, just because I love them. Thanks for sharing!"
"been making this for quite a few years now, exact recipe. love it and family loves it"
"It's excellent even re-heated. For you Weight Watchers it's low points."
"It's easy, and it's quick and it tastes great. I top it parmesan that's been shredded on the large holes of a grater, to have it pack more of a punch. I serve it garlic bread or popovers, and a salad."