- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and coarsely ground pepper, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in tortellini. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beans, tomatoes and basil. Simmer for 4-6 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in the vinegar. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Too-Easy Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
"My favorite 'go-to-recipe' when in a hurry to get dinner to my mother....some soft garlic bread sticks and a fresh salad. This is always a hit, thank you for sharing!"
"So easy and so tasty. We have loved this soup for years."
"I made a lot of soup when I was pregnant with my twins in 2011. This was one of the recipes I tried and decided it was a keeper. I add whatever I have on hand though... So if it were summer, I would add zucchini. Change it up with the veggies! Or add some stewed chicken! Mmmmmm!"
"I've been making this for years and it has become a family favorite. I serve it with crusty bread. Very easy, quick and delicious!"
"I love this recipe and make it often. I use chick peas in place of the beans, just because I love them. Thanks for sharing!"