- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared hot mustard
- 1. Flatten pork chops to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and garlic salt. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Coat pork with flour mixture, then dip in eggs and coat in crumbs.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Fry pork chops for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crisp and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 527 calories, 29 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 188 mg cholesterol, 1,271 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer