- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared hot mustard
- Flatten pork chops to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and garlic salt. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Coat pork with flour mixture, then dip in eggs and coat in crumbs.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Fry pork chops for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crisp and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tonkatsu in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p201
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tonkatsu
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review