- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried mangoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, orange peel and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut, mangoes and pistachios.
- Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each half into a 12x4-in. rectangle. Bake 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool on pans on wire racks until cool enough to handle. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets, cut side down. Bake 6-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Toni's Tropical Biscotti in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Toni's Tropical Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2016
"Original recipe was written using 30 min initial bake time and then 10 min on each side after cut, in my opinion, it needs the extra time."