- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mangoes
- 1/2 cup pistachios, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, orange peel and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut, mangoes and pistachios.
- Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each half into a 12x4-in. rectangle. Bake 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool on pans on wire racks until cool enough to handle. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets, cut side down. Bake 6-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Toni's Tropical Biscotti in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Toni's Tropical Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review