Tombstone Cupcakes Recipe
A cake mix speeds up the prep of these fun little cakes. Chow mein noodles are the "fingers" that reach out from the cupcake grave.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 Milano cookies
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 24 orange gumdrops
- 3 green gumdrops, cut into small pieces
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- 2. For tombstones, in the microwave, melt chocolate chips. Pipe "RIP" onto cookies; place on waxed paper to dry.
- 3. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with chocolate wafer crumbs. Carefully insert tombstones into cupcakes. Arrange chow mein noodles to resemble fingers. Use gumdrops to make pumpkins; place in front of tombstones. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Tombstone Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC