A cake mix speeds up the prep of these fun little cakes. Chow mein noodles are the "fingers" that reach out from the cupcake grave.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
24 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 Milano cookies
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 24 orange gumdrops
- 3 green gumdrops, cut into small pieces
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for
- cupcakes; cool completely.
- For tombstones, in the microwave, melt chocolate chips. Pipe "RIP"
- onto cookies; place on waxed paper to dry.
- Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with chocolate wafer crumbs. Carefully
- insert tombstones into cupcakes. Arrange chow mein noodles to
- resemble fingers. Use gumdrops to make pumpkins; place in front of
- tombstones. Yield: 2 dozen.