A cake mix speeds up the prep of these fun little cakes. Chow mein noodles are the "fingers" that reach out from the cupcake grave.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 Milano cookies
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 24 orange gumdrops
- 3 green gumdrops, cut into small pieces
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- For tombstones, in the microwave, melt chocolate chips. Pipe "RIP" onto cookies; place on waxed paper to dry.
- Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with chocolate wafer crumbs. Carefully insert tombstones into cupcakes. Arrange chow mein noodles to resemble fingers. Use gumdrops to make pumpkins; place in front of tombstones. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Tombstone Cupcakes in Taste of Home Halloween Party Food 2007, p31
Reviews for Tombstone Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2011
"My daughter & I whipped these up for her after soccer game snack. Everyone loved them! We switched a few things up by using a dark green icing color and exchanged the pumpkin for a few bone shaped candies we found at a local store. Easy & fun!"