Tomatoes with Parsley Dressing
The perfect balance of herbs and seasonings brings out the fabulous flavor of vine-ripened tomatoes. This dish always appeals to everyone who tries it.—Helen Morgenroth, Port Lavaca, Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a
- container with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over tomatoes.
- Chill for several hours or overnight, spooning dressing over
- tomatoes at least twice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 257 calories, 25 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.