Tomatoes with Parsley Dressing Recipe
The perfect balance of herbs and seasonings brings out the fabulous flavor of vine-ripened tomatoes. This dish always appeals to everyone who tries it.—Helen Morgenroth, Port Lavaca, Texas
- 6 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Place tomatoes in a large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over tomatoes. Chill for several hours or overnight, spooning dressing over tomatoes at least twice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 257 calories, 25 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Tomatoes with Parsley Dressing
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2010
"excellent use for fresh garden tomatoes"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC