Tomatoes with Horseradish Sauce
This warm dish of lightly sauteed tomatoes and a tangy sauce is very tasty and quick to make. I occasionally use both red and green tomatoes to add even more color.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Minced fresh parsley
- Coat a large skillet with refrigerated butter-flavored spray. Heat
- skillet over medium heat. Add tomato slices; cook for 2-3 minutes on
- each side or until edges begin to brown. In a small bowl, whisk the
- mayonnaise, cream and horseradish. Spoon over tomatoes. Sprinkle
- with parsley. Yield: 4 servings,.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and half-and-half) equals 53 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.