Tomatoes with Feta Cheese
Ruth Lee of Troy, Ontario serves this great combination as an easy and colorful salad. “I make this no-fuss dish at least once a month,” she writes. “It's a great way to use up fresh summer tomatoes and adds zip to winter tomatoes, too.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 8 slices tomato
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Pepper to taste
- Arrange tomato slices on a serving plate. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Drizzle with vinegar; sprinkle with basil and pepper. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 20 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.