- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Just before serving, arrange tomatoes on a platter; drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Tomatoes with Buttermilk Vinaigrette
"I had buttermilk to use up, and happened to also have fresh tarragon, so this recipe fit in perfectly. Taste was great, I think it would have benefited from some cheese, mozzarella or maybe feta, but overall, nice, summery tasting side."
"Good but different flavor. I halved the recipe and used dried tarragon instead of fresh."
"This recipe was just "okay" for me. It just wasn't as flavorful as I had hoped. I even tried eating again the next day but was still a little disappointed with the overall flavor of this dish."
"I thought it was very good, I like the looks of it, colorful addition to a plate."
"The dressing was a bit too watery-I suppose it cold be thickened up a bit with greek yogurt! If the buttermilk was combined with some Miracle Whip to lessen the tanginess, this would have been a more appealing salad."