Tomatoes with Buttermilk Vinaigrette
I like to make the most of tomatoes when plentiful, and I love an old-fashioned homemade dressing with a summery taste. — Judith Foreman, Alexandria, Virginia
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Just before serving, arrange tomatoes on a platter; drizzle with
- vinaigrette. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 79 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch,