Tomatoes Rockefeller Recipe
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cook spinach according to package directions; stir into egg mixture.
- 2. Cut each tomato into six slices; arrange in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Mound 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture on each slice.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
2 spinach-topped tomato slices equals 190 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tomatoes Rockefeller
"This is EXCELLANT! Of course, Veronica will not eat them! Serve with baked chicken or a light baked fish."