Tomatoes Rockefeller Recipe
This side dish from Linda Roberson of Collierville, Tenessee goes great with a variety of meats, especially beef. "The topping freezes well and may be spread thinner to cover more tomato slices, if needed,” she adds. —
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cook spinach according to package directions; stir into egg mixture.
- 2. Cut each tomato into six slices; arrange in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Mound 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture on each slice.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 190 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tomatoes Rockefeller
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC