- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cook spinach according to package directions; stir into egg mixture.
- Cut each tomato into six slices; arrange in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Mound 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture on each slice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomatoes Rockefeller in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p17
Reviews for Tomatoes Rockefeller
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2008
This is EXCELLANT! Of course, Veronica will not eat them! Serve with baked chicken or a light baked fish.