Tomatoes and Tuna Salad
Each summer, I look forward to making this salad when I have a bumper crop of tomatoes in my garden.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each celery seed and pepper
- 5 medium tomatoes, cored
- Bacon bits, optional
- In a bowl, combine tuna, cheese, mayonnaise, celery, onion, pickle,
- pickle juice, salt, celery seed and pepper. Chill. Cut tomatoes, not
- quite through, into quarters; place on individual plates and spread
- apart. Spoon 1/2 cup salad into each. Garnish with bacon bits if
- desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 368 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot