Tomatoes and Cukes
Sometimes, simple is best. That's how I feel about this quick and refreshing summertime salad - a delightful dressing lets the garden-fresh vegetables star. It takes only a few minutes to arrange the slices attractively on a bed of lettuce.
-Dorothy Bateman, Carver, Massachusetts
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper. On a
- serving plate, arrange tomato and cucumber slices over lettuce if
- desired. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 89 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.