Tomato Zucchini Soup Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion, celery, garlic and green pepper in oil until tender. Add zucchini, tomatoes, broth, basil and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in cream; heat through. Serve hot or cold. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 98 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tomato Zucchini Soup
"I have made this recipe several times. My family enjoys it very much."
"A little too bland for my taste. It was easy to make and a nice presentation; but, for my family, it just lacked flavor. I will probably look for a similar zucchini soup recipe that has a little more substance and zip to it - just my personal preference."
"This is an awesome soup...My kids loved it. We will definately make it again."